Archi iSync User GuideUser Guide
Copyright Archigrafix. All Rights Reserved.
- Run the supplied installer
- Introduce the serial number in case you have a license
- Confirm the installation settings
- The plugin is now available to run inside Revit.
- Close all Revit sessions.
- Run the uninstaller from the installation directory or from the shortcut in the windows program menu.
- Confirm the uninstallation
- The program is then uninstalled.
General Usage Instructions
1 - Once installed iSync runs in the background and performs the configured tasks in the documents loaded in Revit.
2 - Enable the different tasks and set the scheduled times in the Tasks tab.
3 - Configure the additional options in the Options tab.
- By default isync runs the tasks when you take a pause. If you prefer that isync saves continuously, even when you work, then "All the time, including during my work" should be selected.
- iSync does not save without changes unless this "Save/Sync even if there are no changes" is enabled. That is to minimise unnecessary network traffic. but feel free to enable it if your workflow requires it.
- The monitor can be automatically launched when Revit starts by enabling the "Launch iSync monitor when Revit starts" checkbox.
Recommended Time Settings
We recommend the following tasks times:
- Relinquish: 5 minutes
- Save: 15 minutes
- Exit: 1 day
iSync can run the tasks in a specific timeframe. That may be beneficial for instance for groups that do not wish syncs during the work hours due to slow sync operations. The schedule takes precedence to the Mode settings.
To enable the schedule:
- Enable the schedule checkbox.
- Set a start and end date for the period that the tasks should run.
Compacting the central file is strongly recommended in other to reduce the central file size and synchronization times. iSync can take automatically a daily compact operation.
To enable to compact the central file:
- Select the Once a Day checkbox under the Compact the Model group.
- Optionally select At night only should you the compact happen during the night period.
Central settings for large organisations
The settings from iSync can be easily managed centrally by BIM managers through simple lines in the revit.ini. This allows the settings to be deployed or changed via revit.ini . When using central settings mode, the values in the options dialog of iSync cannot be changed. An example valid configuration is as follows:
The keys times values are in minutes.
The allowed values for Relinquish, Synchronize and Reload Links are: 1 ,5 ,15 , 30, 60, 240, 1440.
The allowed values for Exit are: 60, 240, 1440.
The keys Enable... must be set to either True or False.
The schedule times must be in 24 hour format HH:mm.
Note: If a value is invalid it will be ignored.