Archi XDoor User GuideUser Guide
Copyright Archi Systems AS. All Rights Reserved.
- Run the supplied installer
- Introduce the serial number in case you have a license
- Confirm the installation settings
- The plugin is now available to run inside Revit.
- Close all Revit sessions.
- Run the uninstaller from the installation directory or from the shortcut in the windows program menu.
- Confirm the uninstallation
- The program is then uninstalled.
General Usage Instructions
xDoor allows to number doors and windows, and do door swing classification of doors.
Numbering of windows and doors
The doors and windows are numbered sequentially in relation to the rooms they are related with. A door is always related with 2 rooms. The xDoor algorithm associates by default the door to the room with the smallest area. If this undesirable, it is possible to define certain room names as low priority, meaning the the rooms in that low priority list will be rejected in relation to any other room name.
The windows are only related to one room, because the other side of the wall is the outdoor area, without room.
To number doors or windows use the following steps:
- Select the tab numbering
- Select what to number: Doors or windows. If you wish to overwrite all the elements, please check the "Clear exixting numbering" checkbox.
- Optionally select a prefix and/or a suffix to your door number.
- Optionally save the wall host width in a parameter.
- Optionally save the Room name associated with the door or window in a parameter.
- Click assign the button numbers. The results are shown in the console in the right side of the window.
Door Swing Classification
The program allows to classify single and double doors separatly. Single doors have a door swing direction, while double doors have an active door leaf. Usually they are classified separately, and these properties registered in separate columns in a door schedule, using two different parameters.
To classify door swing do the following.
- Select multiple doors that you wish to update the swing classification, either in views or schedules. In alternative start XDoors without any door selection to update all doors.
- Adjust the door classification text accordingingly if necessary or load the country pre-set.
- Select the parameter to store door swing for single doors, and active leaf for double doors.
- Click update
Important note: All the doors families must be built consistently so that the program produces consistent results. By definition a door family must have the hinges visible on the left side: when looking to the door side where the hinges are located, the hinges shall be on the left side.
Auto save settings
The classification text used is saved after the first-run. This enables the user to quickly generate a new update with the previously saved settings.